A Beautiful Gift



This past summer when Mary Kay Hersemann, our friend, who also serves as the treasurer for Haitian Hearts, asked me what my favorite color was, I didn't think much about it. Red, I told her.

Imagine my delight and surprise when a few months later she dropped off this beautiful quilt at our house. It is one of the nicest gifts I've ever been given.

It has so many special touches, like these glittery pockets. Mary Kay keeps her eye out for jeans that she uses to make the quilt. Most special of all, when she is sewing the quilt, she thinks about who she is going to give it to and prays for them. We won't know this side of heaven how people's prayers have helped us.

Besides being beautiful, the quilt is warm and snuggly.

Here we are after finishing up some Haitian Hearts business. Mary Kay is so selfless in her work for HH and so many other things. She's the one who deserves beautiful gifts, like the one's she gives.


Final special touch: I love the MK, her initials and part of mine too. Thank you so much, Mary Kay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 89th Birthday Dad!

Move In Day at Bradley University

First Day of School